For JAM Results, you can see each tournament’s current results by clicking on the links below. These links point to PDF files of the tournament standings.
JAM Placements & Schedules
JAM winners are shown in bold. Clicking the links will show you the full JAM reults for that tournament.
- Squirt (Feb 28 – Mar 2)
- SQ @ Elmira – Camillus 2, Clinton, Elmira White, Lysander
- SQ @ Fulton – Fulton, Onondaga Blue, Salmon River, Valley Blue
- SQ @ Rome (1) – Auburn, Camillus 1, Ithaca White, Rome
- SQ @ Rome (2) – Center State, Midstate 1, Midstate 2, Skaneateles 1, Skaneateles 2
- SQ @ Thousand Islands (1) – Geneva, Onondaga Red, Thousand Islands Red, Watertown
- SQ @ Thousand Islands (2) – Corning, Elmira Blue, Ithaca Blue, Oswego, Thousand Islands Blue, Whitestown Blue
- SQ @ Whitestown – Binghamton, Cortland, Valley Red, Whitestown Red
- PW @ Auburn – Auburn, Corning, Ithaca 1, Lysander 2, Rome
- PW @ Camillus – Binghamton Blue, Binghamton Red, Camillus 1, Camillus 2, Clinton
- PW @ Fulton – Fulton, Geneva, Ithaca 2, Ithaca 3, Onondaga
- PW @ Salmon River – Elmira, Salmon River, Valley Red, Whitestown
- PW @ Thousand Islands – Center State, Mohawk Valley, Oswego, Thousand Islands
- PW @ Valley – Lysander 1, Skaneateles, Valley Blue, Watertown
- BT @ Onondaga (1) – Binghamton, Camillus 1, Center State, Elmira
- BT @ Onondaga (2) – Ithaca, Lysander Blue, Onondaga, Skaneateles
- BT @ Salmon River – Fulton, Geneva, Lysander Red, Salmon River
- BT @ Valley – Auburn, Camillus 2, Oswego, Valley
- BT @ Whitestown – Corning, Midstate, Mohawk Valley, Whitestown
Q: When will the 2014 JAM be held?
A: Squirt, PeeWee, and Bantam JAMs will be held Friday, February 28, 2014 – Sunday, March 2, 2014. Midget JAMs will be held Friday, February 21, 2014 – Sunday, February 23, 2014. The Snowbelt JAM tournament dates were determined at the August Snowbelt Board meeting, the Midget dates were updated at the October Snowbelt Board meeting. In general, JAM Tournaments are held during a single weekend from Friday through Sunday. In rare occasions, a particular location may need to begin their tournament on a Thursday night.
Q: When do we find out which location our JAM will be hosted at?
A: In order to create competitive JAM tournaments, the Snowbelt Board thoroughly discusses each tournament at the February board meeting, which is held less than a week after the end of the season. This year, the February board meeting will be held on Wednesday, February 12, 2014. At the conclusion of that board meeting, your Snowbelt Reps will know which tournament all teams will play in, and which team is hosting each tournament. (Exact rink/location will not be known until the actual schedule is finalized.)
Q: When do we find out the schedule and rinks our team will play in for our JAM?
A: The Snowbelt Scheduler will work with the hosting association Reps and JAM Directors to determine the final schedule for each tournament. All JAM tournaments should have the full schedule (including teams, dates, times, and rinks) posted no later than early Monday morning following the February board meeting. This year, that date will be February 17, 2014.
Q: There isn’t very much time between the time we find out our JAM schedule and the time of the JAM itself. We need more time to plan the trip and schedule work vacations and to figure out our travel/hotel plans.
A: Unfortunately, this is true. The only way for us to continue to hold truly competitive JAM tournaments is to consider each team’s performance throughout the entire season (see above). Within a week of the end of the regular season games, we have all the JAM tournaments set and scheduled. This is no minor feat! New in 2014: We are ending the season a week sooner than usual in order to give families an extra week to plan! We realize the notice is still short, but we hope this works out better for your planning process. The Midget teams will not have the same amount of notice due to their earlier JAM dates but since both Midget JAMs are held in Elmira this year, families already know where their JAM is located.
Q: In order to make it to our first JAM game, my child would have to miss part of his/her school day. Why can’t we play the tournament outside of school hours?
A: In a perfect world no child would miss school for a JAM game. We have a set “ideal schedule” that doesn’t have any team playing earlier than 4:00 or 5:00 pm on Fridays. Unfortunately, many JAMs do not have full use of their ice for the entire weekend or are hosting multiple tournaments and therefore cannot follow the ideal schedule. When determining JAM schedules we do our best to avoid or minimize school conflicts by scheduling games for as late as possible on Friday. That said, some tournaments have to start on Friday mornings and in rare cases, Thursday evening.